Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Farm Animals


Today is a lazy day for me. I've managed to get all of one fleece washed and on the drying rack. Now I'm spending time playing with Mozart and Daisy as well as the our two mini Schnauzers, Duchess and Mikki. My 3 Shetland/Finn ewes still have not delivered and I'm a bit annoyed when I think about the nice couple of days we've had that they could have had their lambs and I wouldn't have to worry about it being too cold. I've even gone out and sat down with them and talked to them about delivery times. I guess they have their own timetable to follow through on.

The sun is playing peek-a-boo with us and all the animals are stretched out lazily in the grass enjoying the elusive rays of warmth this afternoon. The wind is brisk and chilly, but close to the ground with the sun out is warm.

I managed to snap a few photos of the sheep and a couple of alpacas before everyone came to check out the camera. The two alpacas are Alina and Katrina, her 2005 daughter. I have other photos to post tomorrow that I took today. All of them of my sheep.

No comments: