Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Cria Playtime)

In the ten years that I have had alpacas, I've never had two babies on the ground at the same time.  With Sonata and the new baby only 9 days apart, I am getting to watch them play and it is a joy to watch them develop relationships and race around and bounce in much the same manner that lambs do in the springtime.  Their innocence is so pure and free.  I could sit and watch them all day.  Unfortunately, I only have today and tomorrow off, so it is back to The Indiana State Fair (http://www.in.gov/statefair/fair/ ) for me on Thursday.  Just too much to do to really enjoy being home these two days.  But after Sunday, I am home until November.  Then it is NAILE (http://www.livestockexpo.org/).

I do my best to help promote agricultural aspirations of my own by demoing spinning and the fiber arts.  I see more and more youth fascinated over getting to make something with their own hands.  I am delighted at the opportunities to share what I love - the fibers, the animals, the tactile experience.  My Father in Heaven blessed me with these skills and talents and it is my job to share the blessings and talents with others.  I hope I'm doing well at sharing with others.

No comments: