Saturday, April 16, 2022

Alabama Storms

 On Good Friday, I loaded up my Giant Schnauzer and the two of us headed south to Alabama where my brother lives.  It is a 6-hour drive in the best traffic minus potty stops for the dog. Because I work from home, I can pack up my computer and go somewhere else to work.  This makes visiting with family much easier.

Elsie and I arrived safely with little trouble and enjoyed the afternoon and evening getting caught up on their lives.  Then last night, a thunderstorm occurred.  WOW! I am used to the Indiana thunderstorms, not the Alabama ones that light up the sky nonstop with lightning that is like someone using an old Kodak camera with a flash on it.  It was not the kind of storm one sleeps through, which I often do in Indiana.  The storm reminded me of a storm I witnessed once in Florida. We were driving A1A highway along the ocean when a storm came up and the waves leaped up over the end of a pier and escaped the beach and traveled towards the road.  The lightning was intense, and the thunder vibrated the windows of the car while the wind buffeted and shook the car.  That storm has left an imprint in my mind of the ferocity of the ocean when it is angry.  

Today the sky is overcast and the winds are slight.  But it sure beats a nighttime storm I got to experience first-hand in Alabama.

No comments: