Sunday, April 10, 2022

 Do you ever get tired of getting up every morning and driving to work then at the end of the workday turning around and driving back home? About 18 months ago, I was tired of the whole shebang and called my baby sister, Leanna, to share with her the emotions I was going through.  She is 19 years younger than I am. 

Leanna listened calmly and then said, "How would you like to work from home?" 

"How is that possible?" I replied.

She then asked for my email address, my phone number, and a couple other pieces of information and told me I would get an email and to respond to it.  Yeah, sure.  Right?

Well, sure enough, I did get an email and it had an application to apply to a company that has a large work-base of work-at-home (known as WAH jobs) employees. I filled out the application and a few days later went through a group interview. Then I received an offer of employment in my email a day or two later.  Once I accepted the offer, I had to pass some security humps and gained employment..

It has been an interesting 18 months with this company. I learn something new every day I work. They hire by referrals and without my sister knowing about them, I would not be working from home.  I enjoy working from home as I don't have to dress any special way for the office nor do I have to figure in travel time as part of my workday.  I also get 30 minutes to eat lunch at home and don't have the added expense of eating with the workgroup and spending $10 for lunch every day.  In reality, with the current cost of fuel for the car, I am probably making $1-$2 more an hour than I am being paid since I live rurally.

One of the biggest advantages of working at home is being here with my dogs. Elsie, the Giant with immune-mediated polyarthritis, now gets her pills on a regular schedule. Michaela, the Corgi, Elsie, and Max, the 9-month-old German Shepherd pup all know my schedule and take advantage of breaks and lunch to be let in and out.  They know exactly what time I get off work, and are ready to eat as soon as I log off the computer and take the headset off.  

Life is good now that I am home surrounded by the pets that love me! They give me so much love. I am happy that I decided to work from home and reached out to my sister.  Life is very good!


No comments: