Wednesday, September 21, 2022

I Want Something More

 Have you ever just sat down and taken a serious look at your life and where you are today? Do you ever just stop and think, I know there is more to it than this? Do you ask yourself serious questions such as how can I get from this point A to point B where I want to really be?

Recently, I have done just that. I'm fast approaching 70 and I am not where I imagine I would be at this age when I was 16, 30, and even 50 years old. I want more from life than clocking in at work at 9:30 of the morning and then clocking out at 4.  It just seems like I'm a hamster on a wheel, going round and round and getting nowhere fast. I don't want to do this all my life! So I am working on a plan to change things.

The first thing that needs to be changed is my attitude that I'm stuck in a rut like a wagon wheel, unable to go forward.  I'm not really stuck, but I've accepted that this is how it will be. However, I don't have to accept the situation and it is up to me to change my status quo.

Second, I need to look for opportunities and instead of waiting for them to come to me, I need to get up, go out, and find something different that interests and excites me.  I don't have to settle for a 9-5 job that is repetitive. Yes, it pays the bills, but I can transition to something else of an evening while retaining my job during the day until my transition plan takes off, and then I can say 'adios' to my current job.

Don't get me wrong! My current job pays pretty well for a stay-at-home job. The income is nothing to sneeze at for a customer service agent. There are days I know I am where I'm supposed to be that day as I've heard some stories about customer service agents that make me want to wring someone's neck. I do the best job I can do to give the clients I speak with the best customer service experience possible. I do not brush them off and try to get them to go away. I help them resolve their issues.

But I have always wanted to be a writer. I have been writing since I was 8 or 9 to pen pals, English classes, college classes, jobs, and more.  I've always excelled at putting words on paper. Being able to do it makes me happy. I have currently challenged myself to write at least 400 words a day as soon as I get off work if I have nothing else after work.  

So far, so good. I am excited about getting my thoughts out and into a format that others can enjoy. This is my game plan. Please help me move forward so that I can do something better with my life. Suggestions are welcome in your comments. Thank you so much for being my readers!

<script async src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js?client=ca-pub-4462077485610581"
     crossorigin="anonymous"></script>


No comments: